Teresa Driscoll - I Will Make You Pay

 

Every Wednesday, like clockwork, the terror returns.

It seems like an ordinary Wednesday, until the phone rings. A mysterious caller with a chilling threat. Journalist Alice Henderson hangs up, ready to dismiss it as a hoax against the newspaper. But the next Wednesday, the stalker makes another move—and it becomes clear that this is all about Alice.

Someone wants her to suffer, but for what? Her articles have made her a popular local champion—could it be her past rather than her work that’s put her life in danger? Alice is determined not to give in to fear, but with the police investigation at a dead end, her boyfriend insists on hiring private investigator Matthew Hill.

With every passing Wednesday the warnings escalate, until it’s not only Alice but also her family in the stalker’s sights. As her tormentor closes in, can Alice uncover what she’s being punished for before the terrifying threats become an unthinkable reality?


SHORT THOUGHTS (ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED ON GOODREADS AUGUST 2019)

Ill start by saying Ive been taking a break from reading Psychological Thrillers after suffering "psych thriller burnout" from reading so many similar ones back to back. This was my first one for a good few months, and what a book to return with.

A very good book. The reveal isn't shocking by any stretch of the imagination, but I must admit, I didn't predict it. I had convinced myself halfway through it was someone else.

Written in alternating timezones - present day and a young boy living with his grandmother

Highly recommended. I couldn't wait to get to the end

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MARK ROWLEY & DAVID DERBYSHIRE - THE SLEEP OF REASON

JESSICA GUESS - CIRQUE BERSERK (REWIND OR DIE #4)

DAVID KRISTOPH - SPORE