NATALIE BARELLI - UNFAITHFUL

When I arrive unannounced at my husband’s studio in need of a shoulder to cry on after hearing that my best student, Alex, has died, I see a pair of wineglasses drying by the sink and my deepest fear is confirmed: my husband is having an affair. Most women would fall to their knees in tears and throw him out of the house–but I just can’t bring myself to do it.  Instead, I go home and cook a healthy dinner for our children, walk the dog and unload the dishwasher without complaint. I will make him see that I’m still the woman he married; attractive, successful, the glue that holds our perfect family together. I need this marriage to work to protect a terrible secret of my own, something that would destroy everything I’ve already sacrificed so much for.
But when the police arrive at my door asking questions about Alex’s death that I can’t answer, and threatening text messages start appearing on my phone, I know that someone close has been watching me very carefully.
The truth is, there are three people in my marriage, but only one of them is deadly…


SHORT THOUGHTS


A very twisty thriller with the main plotline being Alex finding out her husband is having an affair.  Thrown in some extra plotlines to do with a Maths problem being solved amongst other things and a twist I did NOT see coming. 

I really wanted to like this book and don't get me wrong it did have a lot of plus points but the book having not one likeable character along with missing that something that I just can't put my finger on, means that it sadly fell short for me.

Credit to the cover designer though. Stunning eyecatching cover.

Thanks to Bookouture for providing the ARC in return for an unbiased and balanced review.

RATING






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MARK ROWLEY & DAVID DERBYSHIRE - THE SLEEP OF REASON

JESSICA GUESS - CIRQUE BERSERK (REWIND OR DIE #4)

DAVID KRISTOPH - SPORE