STUART MACBRIDE - A SONG FOR THE DYING (DC ASH HENDERSON #2)

 

Eight years ago, ‘The Inside Man’ murdered four women and left three more in critical condition—all of them with their stomachs slit open and a plastic doll stitched inside.

And then the killer just... disappeared.

Ash Henderson was a Detective Inspector on the initial investigation, but a lot can change in eight years. His family has been destroyed, his career is in tatters, and one of Oldcastle’s most vicious criminals is making sure he spends the rest of his life in prison.

Now a nurse has turned up dead on a patch of waste ground, a plastic doll buried beneath her skin, and it looks as if Ash might finally get a shot at redemption. At earning his freedom.
 

SHORT THOUGHTS
 
 This is the second and last book for me in this series. It seemed to take a lifetime for me to get through and I nearly DNF'd twice.

I wasn't overly high on the first one but decided to stick with it due to Alice who i thought was a brilliant character.

Unfortunately, this book she has been reduced to someone who cant work things out without drinking a copious amount of whiskey and clinging onto Ash's arm at every moment like a lovesick teenager/ "wrapping one arm around herself". All the delightful quirkiness of her character has changed to just being annoying and fawning over Ash. I couldn't decide whether she was in love with him, starstruck or just annoying.

As for the twist (ie. who the killer was), i found it just far fetched and unbelievable.

Shame as I absolutely loved his Logan McRae series and had high hopes for this one, however I am finding it really hard to come up with any positives this time...
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MARK ROWLEY & DAVID DERBYSHIRE - THE SLEEP OF REASON

JESSICA GUESS - CIRQUE BERSERK (REWIND OR DIE #4)

DAVID KRISTOPH - SPORE