STEVE HARRIS - ADVENTURELAND aka THE EYES OF THE BEAST

 

SHORT THOUGHTS

As ive said previously - Funfairs/Carnivals - perfect for horror books.  Ghost trains, Clown faces.  How can you go wrong...

Well...  Ill be honest, i have NO idea how to review this book.

Near 600 pages that should have been 350 maximum.

The book started off great with people disappearing in the ghost train.  Spooky stuff....

Then the book nosedived and became so painfully slow that on at least 3 occasions I nearly DNF'd even though I was over halfway through.  It has taken me over a fortnight to get through whereas I average 2 nights a book.

 What started as an old school horror then started throwing every horror trope you could ever think of into the mix...

A Giant?  Check!
A troll?  Check!
Zombies? Check!
Posession of Bodies? Check! 
Hell? Check!
Eating Victims? Check!

The only thing I can think of that this book missed was Vampires. 

It has to be said though the last 100 pages did pick up and it was a decent ending.

I simply cannot give this book a rating so ill give you a (a 4 year old could do better) graph of my interest in it.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MARK ROWLEY & DAVID DERBYSHIRE - THE SLEEP OF REASON

JESSICA GUESS - CIRQUE BERSERK (REWIND OR DIE #4)

DAVID KRISTOPH - SPORE